[egenix-users] Converting ZQL method return value to dictionary

Jerry Westrick Jerry at Westrick.Com
Sun Aug 10 12:38:00 CEST 2003

Hello:

I'm not sure if this is the right list, if not sorry.

I'm trying to convert the result of a Zql method into a dictionary.
the code I'm using is:

# Get User Info
for row in context.Get_UserInfo(user=request.AUTHENTICATED_USER):
    values['user'] = row

The Get_UserInfo is a Z SQL Method, returning a single row
from a mxODBC conneciton.

when I executed the following lines:

print values['user']
return printed

I get

<r instance at 8d8f130>

I would to convert this r instance to a dictionary, so I can add/modify
 values in it like the following:

values['user']['justforfun'] = 'Additional info not from select!'

which at the moment gives me:

Error Type: TypeError
Error Value: object does not support item or slice assignment

Now to my questions:
1) the class "r", is it a Zope thingy or a mxODBC thingy?
2) is there a mothod to do what I need?

Than you for your time...
Jerry

P.S.  There are other dictionary functions not support by this "R"
instance that I would like to use also...