[eGenix.com] eGenix at the EuroPython Conference 2013

egenix-announcements at egenix.com egenix-announcements at egenix.com
Thu Jun 27 12:20:49 CEST 2013

                eGenix.com at the EuroPython Conference 2013

                            July 1-7 2013
                           Florence, Italy

Meet up with eGenix at this year's EuroPython Conference in
Florence, Italy.

The EuroPython Conference is the one of the premier conferences
for Python users and developers. This year it is being held from
July 1-7 in Florence, Italy.

This announcement is also available on our web-site for online reading:
http://www.egenix.com/company/news/EuroPython-Conference-2013.html

MEET UP WITH EGENIX AT EUROPYTHON

eGenix was one of the founding members of the EuroPython conference
team and played a major role in organizing the first EuroPython
conference in the year 2002.

Since then we have attended every EuroPython conference to meet up
face-to-face with the many people we know from the Python community
and the many people that we don't yet know from the community -- if
you are interested in meeting with us, please drop us a note so that
we can arrange a meeting at info at egenix.com.

EGENIX TALKS AT EUROPYTHON 2013

At this year's EuroPython, Marc-André Lemburg, CEO of eGenix, will be
giving two talks providing some insights into our experience with
running Python projects.

Designing Large-Scale Applications in Python

 Concepts for designing large and scalable Python applications that
 work in practice.

 Python is often too referred to as a scripting language. While Python
 is an ideal platform for scripting, integration or plugin tasks, it
 does in fact cover all the concepts needed for truly large-scale
 object oriented application development. However, complex
 applications bring new challenges.

 The talk will draw on the speaker’s experience with large-scale
 application design using Python as central implementation language
 and provide a cookbook approach to many of the problems you face when
 designing and organizing complex application frameworks.

 The approach has been proven in many real-life projects, ranging from
 web application servers in varying fields of application to complete
 finance trading systems. Python has always proven to be a truly good
 choice with an outstanding time-to-market advantage over other
 implementation languages such as Java or C++. It allows small
 software development companies to successfully compete against
 multi-million dollar ventures.

 Thursday, 15:30 CEST, Room Lasagne.

 https://ep2013.europython.eu/conference/talks/designing-large-scale-applications-in-python

and

Efficient Python development with small teams

 As we all know, Python is a very efficient implementation language -
 so efficient, that you sometimes face new challenges in
 projects. Very often, you can completely skip the prototype phase and
 go directly to the main development phase. Customers love this, of
 course, but this approach tends to come with its own unique set of
 requirements and problems.

 Team size, communication, application design, work distribution,
 milestone and customer expectation management are important factors
 for the success of such a project.

 The talk will discuss a few strategies that have worked in many
 larger projects and also touch upon some things that did not work out
 well.

 Friday, 12:15 CEST, Room Lasagne.

 https://ep2013.europython.eu/conference/talks/efficient-python-development-with-small-teams

Enjoy,
--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
eGenix.com

Professional Python Services directly from the Source  (#1, Jun 27 2013)
2013-06-18: Released mxODBC Django DE 1.2.0 ...   http://egenix.com/go47
2013-07-01: EuroPython 2013, Florence, Italy ...            4 days to go
2013-07-16: Python Meeting Duesseldorf ...                 19 days to go

               http://www.egenix.com/company/contact/