[egenix-users] BeeDict memory usage

Daniel Naber daniel.naber at t-online.de
Mon Sep 16 19:50:53 CEST 2002

On Monday 16 September 2002 17:53, you wrote:

> > index that calls free_cache() on every 50th file gets less matches
> > when searching (yes, the call to free_cache() is really the only
> > difference in the program).
>
> That's strange indeed. Can you come up with a short demo which
> displays the problem ?

Okay, this is not very short, as it seems you need a certain amount of data
to trigger the problem. Call this script like this:

./FullText2.py /data/bigindex/test/ widget

The first parameter is a directory, the second one a search term. Then look
for "####" in the script and comment in the free_cache() call and run the
script again with the same parameters and you should get less matches when
free_cache is called, and the data files are also smaller. If it doesn't
work I can send you an archive of about 30 HTML files that let you
reproduce the problem .

Regards
 Daniel

--