[egenix-users] Problems deploying mx.DateTime

M.-A. Lemburg mal at egenix.com
Tue Jul 22 20:23:13 CEST 2008

On 2008-07-22 19:14, Weverton Gomes wrote:
> I'm just making a zip file. Inside it there are the following folders:
>
> elementtree
> engine => (my app)
> kinterbasdb
> mx
>
> About mxDateTime.pyd, I already tried erase all other files (.py, .h, .c)
> inside mx.DateTime.mxDateTime and leaving only mxDateTime.pyd.

Why would you do that ?

> When I did
> this, I got the following error:
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
> File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
> File "C:\Program Files\Tron\Folha\Folha.pyz\engine\__init__.py", line 3, in
> <module>
> File "C:\Program Files\Tron\Folha\Folha.pyz\engine\general\__init__.py",
> line 3, in <module>
> File "C:\Program Files\Tron\Folha\Folha.pyz\engine\general\date_utils.py",
> line 8, in <module>
> File "C:\Program Files\Tron\Folha\Folha.pyz\mx\DateTime\__init__.py", line
> 8, in <module>
> File "C:\Program Files\Tron\Folha\Folha.pyz\mx\DateTime\DateTime.py", line
> 9, in <module>
> ImportError: No module named mxDateTime
>
> I tryied, too, put mxDateTime.pyd on root of zip file, I got the same error.
> What is wrong with my deploy structure??

It doesn't contain the files that are really needed for deployment.

Instead of copying the source directory into your ZIP file, you
should copy the installed version there, ie. what you find in
C:\Python2.5\Lib\site-packages\mx\

Since Windows cannot load DLLs from ZIP files, you'll need to
place the mxDateTime.pyd file into a directory on sys.path.

BTW: You can avoid all these problems by using a tool like py2exe
which will take care of bundling everything for you.