[egenix-users] error: mxDateTime.c: No such file or directory

Oleg Broytman phd at phdru.name
Thu Feb 21 09:15:46 CET 2019

Hello. I've been using mxDateTime with SQLObject. I use Travis CI and
AppVeyor to run tests. egenix-mx-base is in my tox since Aug 10, 2016:

https://github.com/sqlobject/sqlobject/commit/5e83f5b

and there weren't any problem for hundreds test runs both at Travis and
AppVeyor. Until recently. AppVeyor started to fail saying

c1 : fatal error C1083: Cannot open source file: 'mx/DateTime/mxDateTime/mxDateTime.c': No such file or directory

I found a rather similar problem discussed briefly at
https://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-list/2015-February/thread.html#686627
but the discussion didn't progressed and there was no resolution.

This is the repository: https://github.com/sqlobject/sqlobject

This is the last successful run:
https://ci.appveyor.com/project/phdru/sqlobject/builds/22462364/job/5x6o62gph0kxwe8j

This is the first fail:
https://ci.appveyor.com/project/phdru/sqlobject/builds/22462877/job/aieddkcmpvfdm9kw

I don't see any difference. I cannot reproduce that at home but I run
Linux. Tests at Travis also run fine.

Any idea what could go wrong and how to fix that? Should I switch to
installing egenix-mx-base using pip instead of declaring dependency in
tox.ini?

Oleg.
    Oleg Broytman            https://phdru.name/            phd at phdru.name