[egenix-users] install-pyrun not able to download setuptools + pip due to pypi changes (install-pyrun script version 1.4.2)

Holger Joukl Holger.Joukl at LBBW.de
Mon May 6 12:48:28 CEST 2019

Hi,

first post here, I'm experimenting a little with the very nice pyrun.

Seems like several changes on PyPI (e.g. as described here:
https://status.python.org/incidents/1y1f44q6srh2)
make install-pyrun fail because
- redirects are needed to retrieve the package JSONs with the URLs used in
install-pyrun
- the JSON content seems to have changed in a way that makes the regular
expression-based
retrieval of setuptools + pip package .tar.gz files fail.

Here's a very basic patch that made things work for me:

$ diff install-pyrun.ORIG install-pyrun
14c14
<        -l of --log
---
>        -l or --log
74c74
< tools are downloaded from pypi.python.org.
---
> tools are downloaded from pypi.org.
475,476c475,476
< SETUPTOOLS_JSON_URL="https://pypi.python.org/pypi/setuptools/json"
< SETUPTOOLS_RE="https://pypi.python.org/packages/.+/setuptools-[0-9\.]+
\.tar\.gz"
---
> SETUPTOOLS_JSON_URL="https://pypi.org/pypi/setuptools/json"

SETUPTOOLS_RE='https://files.pythonhosted.org/packages/[^":]+/setuptools-[0-9
\.]+\.tar\.gz'
497,498c497,498
< PIP_JSON_URL="https://pypi.python.org/pypi/pip/json"
< PIP_RE="https://pypi.python.org/packages/.+/pip-[0-9\.]+\.tar\.gz"
---
> PIP_JSON_URL="https://pypi.org/pypi/pip/json"
> PIP_RE='https://files.pythonhosted.org/packages/[^":]+/pip-[0-9\.]+\.tar
\.gz'

egrep .+ expression matches the longest match which caused the previous
regexp to not
work correctly any more.

The URLs and maybe some other stuff (e.g. curl options) should essentially
be configurable but then again
maybe it's not worth to bother because they won't change any time soon
again(?).

If there's a place where I should make a pull request for this patch,
please let me know.

Best,
Holger

Landesbank Baden-Wuerttemberg
Anstalt des oeffentlichen Rechts
Hauptsitze: Stuttgart, Karlsruhe, Mannheim, Mainz
HRA 12704
Amtsgericht Stuttgart
HRA 4356, HRA 104 440
Amtsgericht Mannheim
HRA 40687
Amtsgericht Mainz

Die LBBW verarbeitet gemaess Erfordernissen der DSGVO Ihre
personenbezogenen Daten.
Informationen finden Sie unter https://www.lbbw.de/datenschutz.